After a month and a half of looking for a place to live (renting or buying), this house came on the market at the first part of April. We were under contract the day after it came on the market. We were lucky to get it because it was pretty cheap and they had quite a few offers. We closed on the 20th of May, but when we walked in the house after their beds were moved we discovered some disgusting stains on the carpet left by their furry little friends. Both of the upstairs rooms stunk so we decided to go ahead and replace the carpet before we moved anything in. We had also decided to paint the rooms because they were all painted in really dark colors. I had a lot of fun picking out colors and designing how I was going to paint.
Here are the before pictures of our bedroom. You can see the stain on the carpet.
Here is what our bedroom looks like now. I will have finished pictures with bed and curtains when I get some curtains. Thanks to my wonderful Engineer husband he did all the math to make the diamonds look amazing and if you could see the whole wall you would see that it is all symmetrical too. It's fun to come up with ideas then have Tyler make them actually look good. The accent wall was a lot of work, but I think it was worth it.
Here are the before pictures of the nursery. The stains on this carpet weren't as bad, but it still stunk.
I absolutely love the way this room turned out. Tyler and I agreed that blue was an overdone color for a boy's nursery room so we went with green and yellow. I think it turned out great. Again I will get more pictures once I get the crib and curtains and everything.
Here are some pictures of the outside of the house. We have already put a lot of work into making the yard look better. I don't have any after pictures yet. I will probably wait until we finish what we will be doing this summer.
Here are the before pictures of Tyler's reloading room. It was a boys bedroom, but it has no carpet (the basement is only partially finished), so it was perfect for a reloading room.
Here is the updated reloading room (or man cave if you prefer). We kept it simple. Again I will have pictures of it all set up later.
This is the last bedroom we painted. It is going to be our study. It was the girl's room. I must say, the previous owners loved their dark, solid-colored walls. These are the before pictures. The carpet in this room was newer so I just had a carpet cleaning company come in to clean this carpet and the air ducts in the house to make sure there was no cat hair.
This is our new and improved study. Not set up yet, but it is painted. :) I thought it turned out pretty nice.
We are in the process of painting the bathrooms. I have the base coat on, but I still need to paint the accent strips so when I get them done you will get those pictures as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment